Sep 12 2005
The new parts for my Bandit finally arrived today (I was expecting them last Friday) so I can now finally begin the process of re-building the bike. I was going to take some pictures of the parts but I left my camera at work when I went home for lunch so I’ll have to post pictures later.
The parts that have arrived are:
- Front wheel (inc. bearings)
- Front wheel spindle and spacer
- Front forks (left & right side)
- Front brake discs (left & right)
- Front brake lines
- Michellin Pilot Sport front tyre
- Michellin Pilot Sport rear tyre
The plan of action from here is as follows:
- Get tyre fitted on front wheel
- Charge bike battery (it went flat whist in storage)
- Remove old forks, wheel & brake lines
- Remove brake calipers from old forks
- Thoroughly clean new parts
- Rebuild front end with new parts
- Take bike to have new rear tyre fitted.
After all that is completed I should hopefully have a fully restored Bandit 600 so that I will then be able to take my Gixxer into retirement in order to be able to strip it down and rebuild it over the winter.