Apr 19 2005
I have recently been asked by people when I’ll be starting sailing again this year, to which I generally reply: “Start sailing? I’ve been sailing thoughout the winter!”. This generally get a shocked response along the lines of: “Are you insane?!?!”.
I guess the answer to that you probably be a resounding YES but there is another answer which goes something like this:
Winter sailing is quite easy:
- You get dressed up nice and warm
- Put more clothes one
- Put on thick all-season sailing water-proofs
- Have a nice hot cup of coffee
- Head out for the sail, all the time thinking “This will be over soon, this will be over soon, this will…..”
- When you get back to shore have a nice hot cup of coffee
- Go home and get back into bed!